Whatever

Natrajan Thamizhmani

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Workplace

As I was sitting in my workplace without my laptop in the early morning of a hot summer day I was wondering how diverse people around us could be. What was I doing at workplace without my laptop and why would I day dream when I am supposed to be working? Well, I had just paid the price for being too curious and trying to may be act a little too smart and crack trial versions of softwares. I ended up with a laptop that would refuse to boot beyond a certain point and would just show me a blue screen decorated with an error thus needing immediate diagnosis and treatment. I guess I have always been interested in things I am never smart at. The time for which I would have to wait to get back my laptop was indeterminate, that meant I could keep goofing around as much as I wanted. I had already visited the coffee room twice and went around the building once. I missed my computer so much and felt as if I was retarded without it, atleast unable to browse the sites I usually would. When I was going on rounds I snatched an opportunity to get a glimpse of the styles in which people around me work. I can't help but mention about a guy who sits right across my room. Interestingly I have never seen him without some kind of junked food seated right next to him and that just explains his size. There is another guy who would have his eyeballs fixed at corner of his eyes, sitting with his back almost facing towards the open door but still noticing those who keep crossing his room and what they do when they do so. The guy to whom I have to report has the best nerdish looks and is probably almost of the same age as me. He deserves my special admiration because he is excited and inspired about his job and really enjoys doing it. I almost forgot to mention about those few who can be found in almost all organisations who keep mumbling and complaining about the company. Without these people the organisation would just fall apart. Though from different places and cultures, we still have a lot of things in common. It has taken me quite sometime to actually understand that people share common emotions and sentiments irrespective of where they may be from. I wonder if anybody would have found me, my style of working etc., interesting or may be weird and specified about me in their blogs. Whatever I might be to them, I am learning from each day at work from all the people around me what life is all about. ..and here I (learn to) blog..

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter image
website-hit-counters.com