Whatever

Natrajan Thamizhmani

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A much awaited marriage

There I was watching intently standing right behing the seated couple while those three knots were tied around my sister's neck. Yes. A much awaited marriage was over. There had been a lot of struggle, prayers for this marriage to take place. Some might consider this a little early or a little late marriage. But, to me this was the right time. The struggles had a purpose. The reception which was the day before the marriage was a little too crowded and noisier than I expected it to be. I am fuming. I felt like I was in a furnace. I am not sure what better I could have done. I chose to wear a formal suit. What else can you expect? It was a summer night in Madras (now Chennai) and ofcourse I was drenched with my own sweat. But considering the recent unexpected showers which had helped reduce the heat a bit, the city got relatively cooler. Though it was a busy evening for me, I managed a few memorable moments with some friends. The short trip to a few temples in and around Kumbakonam the previous week did help in understanding each other's families though the actual purpose of the trip was to reduce tension that was caused because the horoscopes conflicted on some very important aspect. Well, that is past. The marriage is over now. Unlike a north Indian marriage or for that matter even a Brahmin marriage, this marriage was short. Not much formalities were involved. This was totally in a Chettiar style. Usually marriages freak me out. Its just an inner fear. I wonder what it takes and when someone should love or marry. Well, even if fate was to strike I am happy its far from now. :) Wishing the couple a happy married life and future, here i blog.

 

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jyoti said...

wow!!!! u definitely cn become the best story teller...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter image
website-hit-counters.com