Whatever

Natrajan Thamizhmani

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another wrinkle around my eyes….

Pieces of a cake were all over my face. It was my birthday. Not that I didn’t expect this coming. In fact even if it was not my birthday I often see the cake coming onto my face. I don’t understand why, I am picked up often, maybe because I am too sober. I am dead sarcastic here. At times, people don’t understand my sarcasm and they really think I am serious about a few things I say. Maybe because I put such a serious expression, but I play along just to enjoy more fun. Might be a little mean, but that’s how I am. And guess what, I have completed another year like that as I just turned 24. Another birthday just came and went.
Birthdays for some reason have seemed depressing over the last four years to me. Don’t really know why. Maybe, its making me feel I am getting older faster than what I want to. During my childhood like most people did, I used to wait for my birthdays from a month before and get excited about it and have plans for it, plans which not a lot of people knew of. I have always been a silent operator. Looking over the last three birthdays, all of which were in the US, I understand I haven’t really enjoyed any of them. Thinking about it, I get a feeling I should accept life as it is and feel better with the fact that as I get older everybody in this world get older too. Looking at a few recent pictures, my friends state I have started to look mature. What is that? A euphemistic way of conveying I am getting older? After all I shouldn’t feel too bad about it; I make fun of other people about their age and stuff all the time. It has and had been so much fun and I guess it is my turn now to be made fun of. Reminded of a scene in FRIENDS where Joey who turned thirty looks up addressing god and screams, “God, why me? Why just to me?” Also reminded of the song “18 Till I die”.Having a few friends belonging to my age freaking married and already having kids does really make me feel I am not a kid. Maybe I just need a few more years to mentally accept a few things. Hiding behind the mask of juvenile behavior and reluctantly peeping into the reality of getting older, here I blog.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter image
website-hit-counters.com