Whatever

Natrajan Thamizhmani

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Burn Notice

My mom keeps telling me about a saying in Tamil. The literal meaning translates to "if you are told you will get burnt, you shouldn't touch it". The essence of course is that you should learn from the experience of others rather than expecting to learn things the tough way. I used to argue with her saying it is never possible to truly learn without a blister or two.

I should say I have learnt it the hard way. Well, I guess I have had a bit too much of the touch of fire. It has indeed burnt me bad on the inside and the outside like I never thought it would. As much as I could I tried to avoid infection and pain, did the right thing in choosing not to blog. :) Though I have been told I am a quick healer, it has been many months since. The pain might have eased now but the scars still remain. I wonder if the pain has really gone or has it just made me tougher, prepared or maybe just numb.

Well this is just a burn notice. Maybe a warning spelt out. Brightened and lightened up, here I blog.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter image
website-hit-counters.com